Pathway to Human Services
Human services professionals are on the front line, serving and caring for those who are most vulnerable and in need. The human services pathway at Chatfield College prepares students for a wide array of educational and employment opportunities, including social work, addiction support, and community health.
The human services pathway combines liberal arts study with a social services curriculum and is grounded in hands-on teaching experiences, service-learning, and mentoring opportunities with instructors. At Chatfield, you’ll learn both the knowledge and skills needed to make a difference in the lives of others, including strategies and good management practices for intervention at individual, family, group, organization, and community levels.
Chatfield College graduates who complete the pathway to human services are qualified to work in entry-level positions and go on to:
- Begin their career by and may be able to earn a human services associate degree salary
- Become a social work assistant in Ohio
- Earn bachelor’s and master’s degrees
- Work for nonprofit organizations, for-profit social service agencies, and state and local governments
- Participate in AmeriCorps
Please note that pathways are not majors or minors. Rather, they are a focused way to complete your elective requirements for an Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts.
Start A Free Application
Quick and easy. Get started in minutes!