Chatfield College, a local private 2-year college located in the historic neighborhood of Over the Rhine, is seeking an Admissions Counselor who will work with high school students and adult learners. This is a full-time position, primarily working week-days, but with occasional weekend or evening work.
This position requires a loyal and honest person, who truly believes in the power of higher education and who relates well with people from a variety of backgrounds. The skill set for this position is learnable, but the drive and focus must be innate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Admission Counselor serves as the first point of contact for prospective students to assist them in making fully informed decisions on how to achieve their educational goals. The Admission Counselor advises students throughout the enrollment process to ensure their long-term success.
- Guides prospective students through the College’s enrollment processes including answering questions relating to program requirements, transfer credits, payment options, etc.
- Answers Web and phone requests, makes calls to prospective students, enters new inquiry data into Salesforce, schedules and conducts initial campus visits, leads campus tours, ensures that students who apply complete the entire enrollment process.
- Communicates with new and prospective students by extensive phone contact, email, text messaging.
- Maintains positive relationships with students to help support program persistence and generate referral activity.
- Assists with recruitment events and activities such as guidance counselor workshops, open house events, and new student orientations.
- Occasionally travels to high schools and GED centers for visits and college fairs.
- Understands and maintains current knowledge of College’s policies and processes, degree programs, and admission requirements.
Qualifying Experience/ Education:
Associate’s degree + two years of work experience OR Bachelor’s degree required.
- be friendly and outgoing with a happy disposition.
- communicate effectively with people from varied social, educational, and economic backgrounds.
- possess strong organization, planning and time management skills.
- have strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- have a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
- possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle to be use for travel.
This is a full-time position with room for advancement, and a full array of benefits, including health insurance, retirement plan, generous paid holidays and paid time off, and FREE TUITION FOR SPOUSES AND CHILDREN.Apply Now